1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a wooden spoon until it is pale and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and add the salt. Stir until combined and slowly add the water while mixing to create a smooth batter.
3. To create the pocky sticks use a piping bag and pipe straight lines onto a baking tray prepared lined with greaseproof paper. Alternatively you can go for the more hands-on and rustic approach and roll the dough into large sausages using your hands. Place them on a baking sheet with greaseproof paper, well spaced apart.
4. Bake the sticks until they are pale golden and firm to touch. Depending in the size of your sticks this will take varying lengths of time. Between 5 and 10 minutes, longer for the larger sticks.
5. Once the sticks are baked, allow them to cool. Whilst cooling prepare the chocolate dip. Using a large metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, break up the chocolate into rough pieces and add to the bowl, making sure there is a space between the water and the bottom of the bowl so they are not touching.
6. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally if necessary. When the chocolate has melted completely, pour it into a tall glass.
7. Prepare your toppings, with a plate or tray positioned underneath to catch any toppings that fall off. Have a second lined tray ready to lay the dipped sticks onto, as this can get messy!
8. Dip the sticks into the chocolate and let the excess run off. Sprinkle with your chosen topping and lay on the fresh tray.
9. Repeat this process with all the sticks, mixing up the toppings, get creative! Allow chocolate to dry and harden before serving.
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.