Freelance Cookery School Assistant
There is always something exciting happening at the School of Wok; from our regular public lessons and corporate events to photoshoots and filming days. This position will be mainly based at our school, located in buzzing Covent Garden. Occasionally, however, and with advanced notice you may also be assisting on mobile events anywhere around the country.
We are looking for a dedicated individual, passionate about the food industry and willing to develop skills in food education and conveying specialised food knowledge, while supporting a Head Chef individual or team.
Our cookery school assistants must be 100% willing to get stuck in with cleaning, prepping and assisting chefs in our cookery lessons. It is a fast-paced job where there is always something that needs to be done. It is hands-on-education so individuals should be prepared to work hard and learn a lot.
- Working with the Operations team during our public lessons and corporate events.
- Insuring the school is always at its highest standards
- Assist the chef tutors by making sure all ingredients and equipment are ready before every class or event.
- Insuring that our customers feel comfortable and enjoy their experience
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications: Level 2 catering certificate is a plus
- Highly diligent and happy to clean, wash up and help out in with all kitchen chores
- Proficient knife skills
- Well spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good understanding of recipes and a worldly knowledge of ingredients
- Highly adaptable to working with different chefs and cuisines
- Cookery / culinary qualification preferred or at least working towards
- 1 year restaurant / kitchen experience (commis chefs welcome to apply)