Events and Sales Intern (3- 6 months)
This is a great first step into a fast-growing company based in Central London. The School of Wok is a multi-award winning catering company. There are two main parts to the business; a flag ship cookery school in Covent Garden offering corporate event packages and public lessons, and a catering department specialising in corporate events, weddings and private functions.
We are in need of a dedicated individual, passionate about learning and interested in hands on learning experience, vital for progressing their career in the events and catering industry. The role will be split between supporting the Sales & Events team, based at offices in Elephant and Castle, and supporting the Operations team, based in the School of Wok kitchens in Covent Garden. This internship will provide the right person with invaluable hands on experience in numerous key aspects of the sales and event management field.
- Assist the Sales Manager with developing the company’s prospective database
- Managing the voucher sales online booking system
- Research projects to help support and develop new projects within the business
- Support the sales and marketing managers in maintaining the company’s high-standard of customer service and experience..
- Working directly with the sales manager to research and identify specific people who plan events for their company and to help organise a targeted monthly showcase event.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications: Undergraduate Student / Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in any business related studies.
- Excellent time management skills and experience of working to deadlines
- Clear written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Word processing skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as IT research experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups as well as work independently
- Proactive and creative problem solving abilities
Freelance Cookery School Assistant
There is always something exciting happening at the School of Wok; from our regular public lessons and corporate events to photoshoots and filming days. This position will be mainly based at our school, located in buzzing Covent Garden. Occasionally, however, and with advanced notice you may also be assisting on mobile events anywhere around the country.
We are looking for a dedicated individual, passionate about the food industry and willing to develop skills in food education and conveying specialised food knowledge, while supporting a Head Chef individual or team.
Our cookery school assistants must be 100% willing to get stuck in with cleaning, prepping and assisting chefs in our cookery lessons. It is a fast-paced job where there is always something that needs to be done. It is hands-on-education so individuals should be prepared to work hard and learn a lot.
- Working with the Operations team during our public lessons and corporate events.
- Insuring the school is always at its highest standards
- Assist the chef tutors by making sure all ingredients and equipment are ready before every class or event.
- Insuring that our customers feel comfortable and enjoy their experience
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications: Level 2 catering certificate is a plus
- Highly diligent and happy to clean, wash up and help out in with all kitchen chores
- Proficient knife skills
- Well spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good understanding of recipes and a worldly knowledge of ingredients
- Highly adaptable to working with different chefs and cuisines
- Cookery / culinary qualification preferred or at least working towards
- 1 year restaurant / kitchen experience (commis chefs welcome to apply)