1. Cut the iceberg lettuce in half, but be careful not to tear any leaves.
2. Place in a mixing bowl of hot water for 5-10 seconds.
3. Immediately place in a bowl of ice water for a further 30 seconds.
4. Carefully separate individual leaves and drain.
5. Place in fridge to cool.
6. Chop prawns into small dices and marinade with sesame oil, salt and the corn flour. Place in a prep bowl.
7. Holding each end of the asparagus with both hands, gently bend the vegetable until the bottom end snaps off. Repeat with all asparagus.
8. Cut asparagus into similar sizes to prawns. Place in a prep bowl.
9. Finely chop the spring onions.
10. Keep the cube of ginger ready.
11. Mix Hoisin sauce with the water in a serving bowl.
12. Using the wok, heat 2 table spoons oil - high heat.
13. Add the ginger and garlic.
14. Immediately throw in the asparagus , turn heat down to medium and cook for 2 mins.
15. Add the prawns and cook for a further 3 mins.
16. Add the pine nuts and cook for a further 3 mins.
17. Once the prawns are golden brown, add spring onion and season with pepper.
18. Place the filling in the lettuce wraps and add a drizzle of hoisin sauce. Enjoy!
How To Make Lettuce Wraps
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.