1. Marinade beef with soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and massage. Add cornflour and mix well. For best results marinade overnight or for a couple of hours in the fridge.
2. Cut head of broccoli into florets and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Plunge into cold water, drain and set aside.
3. Slice ginger and spring onions into fine matchsticks. Set aside.
4. Mix up sauce with stock, oyster sauce, dark soy, sugar and salt.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking-hot. Add the ginger and half the spring onion and stir-fry for 1 minute, until the spring onions have softened.
6. Push the ingredients to the side of the wok, add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil to the center and return to smoking point. Add the beef, cover with the ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Add the broccoli, pour over the sauce and bring to a vigorous boil. Cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds, then spoon into a serving bowl. Scatter over the remaining spring onion and the deep-fried shallots, if using, and serve.
How To Make Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.