1. To make the batter, in a separate bowl, sieve the flours, spices, salt, pepper and sichuan peppercorns together,
then add the egg white and and beer mix well with whisk until smooth batter is formed. Keep some extra plain
flour aside in a bowl for tossing the fish into later.
2. Cut the potatoes length wise into roughly 1 cm thick slices. Soak the slices in cold water to remove the excess
starch. Pat them dry using a kitchen towel or a tea towel and set aside for deep-frying.
3. Cut the fish fillets into thick double thumb width strips, then pat dry and toss first into the flour, then dip
each finger into the batter.
4. Half-fill a large pot, wok or deep-fryer with vegetable oil and heat to 130°C. Deep fry the potatoes in batches
for approx. 8 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside on kitchen towel to drain off any excess oil.
Turn the heat up until oil reaches 180°C. Carefully cook the battered fish in the oil for 5-7 minutes or until
golden brown. Drain the excess oil on a kitchen towel.
5. Deep fry the chips a second time until golden brown, this time for only a 3-4 minutes. Drain once more.
Season both the chips and the fish fingers with the ‘Sichuan Pepper Seasoning’.
6. Assemble your sandwich with mayo, and the fish fingers and some salad on the side.
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.