1. Soak the bamboo skewers completely in cold water for at least 30 minutes
2. Finely slice the garlic, then mix together with the rest of ‘The Marinade’ ingredients in a roasting tray big enough to fit the prawns on sticks.
3. Now butterfly the prawns using scissors, starting from top, between the head and the body, and cutting down the spine of the prawn all the way to the tail. Once the shell is opened up, run a sharp knife through to butterfly out further. Then press the two sides of the prawn down to butterfly completely. Now slice horizontally 6-8 times along the meat of the prawn body as if scoring the prawn. This will open up the prawn so that all the flavour from the marinade goes in nicely and it’s easy to peel once cooked.
4. Poke a skewer through each prawn all the way up towards the head and through the base of the head to keep tight on the skewer. Place all the skewered prawns into the roasting tray and baste with as much of the marinade as possible.
5. Place the prawn skewers on a hot fire (roughly 200 - 220°C) for 3 minutes on each side. Once well-charred on the outside, baste with any leftover marinade and serve.
How To Make Garlic and Chilli Prawns
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.