1. Pound the white parts of the lemongrass and spring onions along with 2 cloves of garlic. Add salt and continue to grind.
2. Mix in shrimp paste, fish sauce, light soy and soft brown sugar and pour over 500g of minced beef. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. While the beef is marinading, create the coleslaw. Mix together shredded carrots, cabbage (green and red), radishes, toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes in a large bowl then dress with a mixture of light soy, sugar, sesame oil, sesame paste, lime juice and rice vinegar.
4. Using wet hands (to avoid sticking) divide the mixture into small balls and roll each into a sausage shape.
5. Grill or BBQ until charred on both sides and cooked through.
6. Hollow our white baguettes, layer with coleslaw and beef, then top with fresh coriander and mint...and extra chilli if you wish!
How To Make Banh Mi
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.