1. Make sure the fish is gutted, de-scaled and the gills removed
2. Place the fish in a suitable steaming dish
3. Peel and finely slice the fresh ginger and place on top of the fish and inside it's cavity
4. Slice the spring onions into thin strips and place in a small prep bowl
5. Bring a large steaming pan to boil on high heat
6. Once the water is boiling vigorously, place the fish on the steamer and cover.
7. Allow 7-12 minutes depending on the size of the fish (small fish [<300g] 7-8 minutes, medium fish [300g-500g] 9-10 minutes and large fish [500g-750g]10-12 minutes)
8. Once the fish is cooked, take immediately off the heat (the meat should just fall off the bone once cooked)
9. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in frying pan until smoking hot
10. Spread the spring onion over the top of the cooked fish
11. Carefully pour the smoking hot oil over the top of the fish and serve
12. Add a good dash of soy sauce
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.