1. Create your marinade. Mix your shallots, palm sugar and 2 tablespoons of fish sauce with a tiny bit of water to help mix. Mix well.
2. Add a pinch of black pepper and add your slices of tofu to marinade for 5-10 minutes
3. Soak your noodles for about 4-5 minutes ready for your bun cha.
4. Now create the sauce. Add your fish sauce, rice vinegar, palm sugar and vegetable stock to a bowl and mix well. Add your chilli and garlic on top and give a generous squeeze of lime.
5. Fry your tofu on a flat frying pan/griddle pan. Caramelise and crisp your tofu on each side and pour the excess marinade over the tofu for extra flavour.
6. Layer your salad. First start with your noodles and add a bit of the dressing to the noodles to give a good base flavour. Add your vegetables- such as your carrots, lettuce and cucumber. Add your tofu and add your herbs such as your coriander and mint. Add your dressing on top and serve!
How To Make Bun Cha
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.