1. Combine the palm sugar with 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan
2. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until it resembles maple
3. Toast the sesame seeds and desiccated coconut
4. Set aside
5. Soak the rice for 3 hours in plenty cold water for at least 3 hours. Drain the rice, and rinse in cold water until the water runs clear. This may take up to 5 times of rinsing.
6. Drain and rinse the rice and place it in a large saucepan with 5 cups of water a couple of tablespoons of the syrup and 2 tsp salt
7. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat for 30-35 min, stirring every 5 minutes until the rice is cooked through and looks like a thick wet porridge
8. Allow the rice to cool for about 20 minutes before serving
9. Divide the rice between 6 bowls, scoop a dollop of the coconut cream on to the top of the rice, add sliced mango, finish each bowl off with a drizzle of the syrup and the toasted sesame seeds with desiccated coconut
How To Make Mango Sticky Rice
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.