1. Finely chop the chives, garlic, 3 slices of ginger, 1 spring onion and coriander and place in a large prep bowl.
2. Finely dice the mushrooms and prawns and add to the prep bowl with the pork mince.
3. Season with soy sauce, a pinch of sugar and cover with sesame oil.
4. Mix well.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the centre of each pastry, wet all sides of the pastry with cold water.
6. Fold the bottom corner over the filling to the top corner and press the pastry down to seal all sides (to form a triangle)
7. Holding the base of the filling with your thumbs, pull the 2 corners of the triangle towards each other (in the school we like to call this the 'Dark Knight Rising' as it looks roughly like a Batman shape).
8. Overlap the ends and press together to form a 'gold ingot/ trough shape'. Set aside and fold the rest of the wontons in the same way.
9. Lightly fry 2 slices of ginger and 1 spring onion in a deep pan on medium heat
10. Add oyster sauce and then pour in chicken stock.
11. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes
12. Keep on a rolling boil and add wontons to the coup
13. Boil for 3-5 minutes until all wontons are floating, then add the noodles to reheat.
14. Serve with a sprinkle of spring onion or coriander to garnish
How To Make Wonton Soup
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.