1. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Gradually add the water, whilst mixing with a fork / hand
3. Once all water is added, fold into a ball
4. Knead for 5 minutes on a hard surface until slightly elastic consistency is reached (this should be a ‘play dough’ consistency – you may need more / less water for the correct consistency – use the measurements as a guideline only). Once consistency is reached, roll out the pastry to roughly1-2mm thick
5. Use a 70mm diameter circular cutter to cut out as many pastries as possible
Filling & Marinade
6. Finely chop all filling ingredients
7. Mix with marinade
8. Mix with any of the above filling options
9. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the centre of each circle of dough. Fold the bottom centre over the filling to form a semicircle and pinch the top tight.
10. Pinch the two corners of the semicircle together leaving two symmetrical ‘Mickey Mouse ear’
shapes between your centre fold and the corner folds.
11. Now pinch the ‘ears’ in towards you to make four layered folds.
12. Tidy up to create a ‘half-moon’ shape and arrange on a plate.
13. Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan to high heat
14. Place dumplings in pan – base down
15. Now turn heat down to medium and fry dumplings until base is golden brown
16. Using a lid as a shield, pour hot water into pan until dumplings are ½ covered. Cover quickly with lid
17. Cover with lid for 5-10 mins on medium heat until all water has evaporated
18. Once pan is completely dry of water, allow dumplings to crisp up on the bottom for a further minute
19.Serve with a mixture of equal amounts of soy sauce, vinegar and matchsticks of ginger
How To Make Potsticker Dumplings
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.