1. Cut the meat into 2cm cubes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the marinade ingredients and, using your hands, massage the pieces until they are evenly coated, then add the cornflour and rub it into the meat. The meat will first start to stick together in clumps but will start to separate as you continue to rub it. Once all the meat has completely separated it is ready to be fried.
2. Cut the spring onion into large chunks. Slice the garlic and ginger Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small prep bowl or ramekin.
3. Half-fill a large pot, wok or deep-fryer with vegetable oil and heat to 180°C (350°F), or until the tip of a wooden chopstick or skewer starts to fizz after a second or so in the oil. Carefully add the marinated meat and deep-fry until golden brown, about 1 - 2 minutes.
4. Remove the pieces carefully with a slotted spoon and drain well on a plate covered with kitchen paper.
5. In a separate wok, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over a high heat until smoking-hot. Add the spring onion, garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute until the it’s starts to get fragrant, then pour over the sauce and bring to a vigorous boil.
6. Once boiling, add the beef pieces and toss through a few times to mix everything together. Serve immediately.
How To Make Mongolian Beef
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.