1. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Stir in the sesame oil, salt, sugar, and white pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable or garlic oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking-hot. Add the mushrooms and cook them with a ladle of stock. Add them to the soup, set aside some mushrooms to use as garnish.
3. Whisk the eggs and season with salt, pepper and sesame oil. Set aside.
4. Turn the hob off and whilst the soup is still hot, add the egg a little bit at a time, stirring the soup slowly to get nice little ribbons of egg.
5. Serve and garnish with spring onions, mushrooms and black vinegar.
How To Make Egg Drop Soup
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.