1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the ginger and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add the turnip and sugar,Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the turnip wilts and the sugar is melted.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the rice and corn flour with the water. Now take the turnip off the heat, remove the slices of ginger and then add the flour paste to the saucepan. Stir well until the paste has been evenly spread
3. Place back on the hob and cook the flour mix through until all thickened and completely sticky but not burning on the bottom of the pan
4. Place the turnip in a suitable steaming tray, pat down until the mixture is level and then steam on high heat for 45 minutes.
5. Once steamed, allow to cool and place in fridge to set (1-2 hours minimum)
6. Once set cut into edible chunks and shallow fry on low heat until golden brown
7. Serve with chilli oil
How To Make Chinese Turnip Cake
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.