1. First make the Pad Thai sauce. You can make a big batch and keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
2. Fry the shallots in cooking oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add palm sugar and tamarind paste to the shallots and mix well until the sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add fish sauce and dark soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Now for the Pad Thai. Add cooking oil to the wok over medium high heat.
6. Add eggs straight in and scramble it up.
7. Add prawns to the half-cooked eggs and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
8. Add the noodles, Pad Thai sauce and turn up to high heat. Mix well and cook for about a minute until the noodles take on the golden brown colour.
9. Add the turnips and tofu and stir for just 30 seconds.
10.Turn off the heat and add beansprouts and chives; I like them crunchy so the heat from the noodles will cook them just right. Serve with the garnish.
How To Make Prawn Pad Thai
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.