1. Finely slice the fresh ginger and place in a small prep bowl
2. Cut all the spring onions into thirds and place in the same pre bowl
3. Mix the oyster sauce, beer & dash of dark soy sauce together
4. Prepare a small bowl of cornflour paste (1:1 equal parts cornflour and water)
5. Soak the noodles in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to dry 10 minutes on a clean tea towel in a tray.
6. Deep fry the lobster at 180°C for 3 minutes and drain off any excess oil before placing on the side
7. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok to high heat
8. Add the ginger and spring onion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
9. Then add the sauce ingredients (beer mix) and bring to a vigorous boil
10. Now add in the fried lobster portions and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, folding the sauce well into the
11. Lastly, thicken the sauce with the corn flour paste. Once the sauce is has a dripping consistency and wraps
around the lobster shell, it is ready to serve.
You will complete this step once you have added your sauce to your lobster stir-fry, so as to time both
components for a successful finish of the dish.
12. Heat 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large frying pan on high heat.
13. Add in a couple of slices of ginger.
14. Add the noodles and fry on both sides
15. Finish with a splash of sesame oil, remove from the wok and keep warm
16. Place noodles on a large plate with lobster on top. Pour over the sauce and garnish with coriander.
17. Serve immediately.
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.