Preparation (Curry Paste)
1. Crush the cumin & coriander seeds in a pestle & mortar until finely ground
2. Add garlic, fresh & dried red chillies into the mortar and pound well
3. Add lemongrass, galangal, coriander, kaffir lime peel, and pound well
4. Add shallot, lesser ginger and pound well
5. Add shrimp paste and pound until smooth. Add the paprika
6. Put the oil into a saucepan over low heat
7. Add the red curry paste and stir continuously until fragrant
8. Add sweet potato, pour the top 1/3rd of a can of coconut milk and stir constantly until simmering point is reached.
9. Add the remaining coconut milk and bring to the boil
10. Add the kaffir lime leaves, aubergines, sugar snaps and baby corn stirring occasionally
11. Add the prawns and cook until they change from opaque to pink, usually 2-3 minutes.
12. Season to taste with fish sauce and sugar,
13. Add the coriander or Thai basil
14. Pour into a bowl and decorate with red chillies
How To Make Thai Red Curry
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.