Method for curry paste
1. Firstly, soak the dried chillies in water for 10 minutes, then roughly chop.
2. In a frying pan over a medium high heat, dry fry the spices (coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves) until fragrant. Then, tip into a mortar and grind using pestle, or alternatively a food processor or spice grinder.
3. Add the other ingredients and grind until it has a pesto-like consistency.
Method for lamb curry
4. In a large, deep-sided pan on a medium heat, fry the onion until translucent but not browned. Add the curry paste and fry until fragrant, up to a minute or two. Next, add the lamb and stir until well sealed and coated in the onions and paste.
5. Spoon in the coconut cream from the top of the can and heat until it melts and becomes liquid. Then add the rest of the more liquidy coconut milk into the pan and the stock. Simmer the lamb for 1 hour on a low to medium heat.
6. Add the diced potatoes to the pan and simmer until both the lamb and the potatoes are tender, approx 15-20 more minutes or so.
7. Add the peanuts and simmer for a further 10 minutes before adding the coriander and serving. Garnish with extra coriander and serve with fluffy jasmine rice.
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.