To Make The Paste
1. Place the spices, chillies, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and salt into a pestle and mortar and pound to a rough paste. Then add turmeric and shallots and continue to pound to a smooth paste. Finally add the coconut milk and blend.
To Make The Soup
2. Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok and cook the laksa paste for a one minute until it deepens in colour.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, stock, kaffir lime leaves, sugar and soy sauce.
4. Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the flavour deepens.
5. To finish the soup, add the vermicelli rice noodles and stir while cooking for two minutes or until noodles are cooked.
6. Season the soup with lime juice, (or salt and dried chilli flakes if preferred), add the bean sprouts and spring onions and stir once.
7. Divide the noodles evenly among in 4 bowls and ladle over the soup.
8. Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves, spring onion and extra lime wedges on the side.
How To Make Malaysian Inspired Laksa
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.