1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, add all of the sauce ingredients, dissolving the brown sugar, then bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer until the sauce is glossy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
3. Cut both the leek and chicken thighs into 2 cm-sized pieces, approximately the same size and width. Beginning with the chicken pieces, thread the skewers by alternating between chicken and leek; each skewer should hold 4 slices of chicken and 3 pieces of leek.
4. Preheat your frying pan on a medium high heat. Oil lightly.
5. Place the skewers onto the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning.
Brush the skewers with some of the sauce again, and then turn and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Repeat this process until the chicken is cooked through and all of sauce has been used.
7. Transfer the skewers to a serving plate. To garnish, sprinkle sansho and shichimi spices over the top of the skewers and serve immediately.
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.