1. Finely slice the onion. Slice the steak into very thin slices, making sure you are cutting it against the grain.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the braising ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat a heavy based pan to medium heat. Add the braising liquid, bring to boil for 2 - 3 minutes, turn the heat down and add the onions, let the onions braise in the liquid until soft.
4. At this point add the steak slices and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes until the meat is cooked.
5. Serve on with steamed rice and a fried egg on top. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
How To Make Beef Gyudon
INSPIRED BY OUR TIPS AND RECIPES?
Why not check out our exclusive School of Wok ranges below - From our popular woks to our fun and inspiring cooking classes, we cater for all of your culinary needs!