1. Put all the marbling marinade ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then boil for 10 minutes to deepen the colour and steep the tea.
2. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and place in the fridge to chill
3. Pour 2 litres (31/2 pints/ 8 1/2 cups) of water into a separate large saucepan, add the salt and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium and carefully add the 12 eggs to the pan. Boil for 5 minutes exactly.
4. Once boiled, place the eggs in a bowl of cold water to cool, running cold water from the tap over them for a minute or so, to ensure that they stop cooking. Once cooled, crack the eggs all the way around the shell, but do not peel the eggs at this point
5. Once cracked. place the eggs in the chilled, marbled marinade for a minimum of 5 hours, or overnight in the fridge. Then peel and serve as a snack with crisps or as a side dish to a cold beer- Hong Kong style!
View Our Products
Have you been inspired by our tips and recipes? Why not check out our ranges below! From our exclusive range of woks to our cookery classes that will help inspire your cooking further.